Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Publius: I Was Wrong About the Oscars

I was wrong about Scott Brown's chances and I was wrong about Avatar. It didn't win Best Picture. The Hurt Locker did, and deservingly so. I just want to be transparent on this one, so that no one can hold it over me.

Sunday was quite a big night for the Iraq War drama, as the list of winners shows. It won six trophies.

Credit where it is due: Avatar won Best Special Effects and Best Cinematography, both of which it deserved.

Also, it is worth noting that Star Trek won as Oscar (Best Makeup). Star Trek. Oscar. How strange is that?

All in all, I believe that the cause of worthwhile, engaging filmmaking won the day this time. The Hurt Locker is the first Iraq War film to strike a chord with audiences. It is well-crafted, apolitical, and thrillingly plotted.

2 comments:

Lainie1982 said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Theophilus said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.